Welcome to the last part of the ‘9 Mistakes to Avoid a Failed Fire and Rescue Service Asset Tracking Software Implementation’ series.
To recap quickly here are the 9 mistakes to jog your memory:
- Lack of sufficient planning
- Not getting everyone on board
- Carrying out excessive customisation
- No full-time client-side project manager
- Insufficient focus & underestimating the resources required
- Lack of proven project methodology
- Not investing in role-based training
- No on-going maintenance and support
- Not decommissioning legacy
To conclude our blog series, we would like to leave you with a summary checklist to gauge the health of any software you implement in the future.
- Have you conducted an internal audit?
- Have you created a detailed plan and set of goals?
- Have you communicated the need for change?
- Do your employees understand how the new system will benefit them/hinder them if you don’t change?
- Do you have a clear project sponsor who is actively leading the project and removing barriers for a successful software implementation?
- Do all the project leaders, stakeholders and potential partners agree and understand the business objectives?
- Do all the project leaders and stakeholders agree the priority of the project in relation to other competing departmental initiatives?
- Do you have a full0time client-side project manager?
- Do your project leader/s have experience implementing IT/business systems?
- Do you have a list of current functionality and future requirements?
- Are you clear on the budget and level of internal resources required?
- Are you focused on using as much standard functionality as possible? Does your solution of choice meet 80%-90% of your requirements on its “vanilla state”?
- Do you have sufficient role-based training in place within your project plan?
- Have you created a roadmap to decommission old IT systems?
At CSS, our mission is to become a long-term trusted partner for our customers and the implementation process is where that partnership begins. We have a great team of people, with years of industry expertise, who build that relationship as they guide our customers through the implementation process.
If you would like to find out more about our fire and rescue service asset management software solution, please do get in touch:
T: 0800 652 0488 E: firstname.lastname@example.org